Hugues Joublin Grant
The Hugues Joublin Grant was established to provide financial assistance to an eligible student who had to face adversity throughout their lives in order to go back on the path to success. The winner of our essay contest will receive a $1,000 scholarship if they meet the eligibility requirements.
To qualify for this grant, applicants must meet the following requirements:
1. Attend an accredited US-Based university
2. Possess an excellent academic record
3. Demonstrate the ability to lead
4. Must be a current college/university student
5. Complete an essay for submission (see essay guidelines below)
To qualify for the grant, please follow the essay guidelines below:
Essay Topic : In a world marked by growing individualism, by economic crises, by the unprecedented aging of our populations, solidarity between generations is more and more at risk. In this context, why is caring the most appropriate ethical response to address other’s vulnerabilities?
1. The essay should be 700-800 words.
2. Any plagiarism or fabrication will disqualify the applicant from award disbursement.
Application Deadline: February 28th, 2023
Announcement Date: March 15th, 2023
Award Presentation: March 20th, 2023
About Hugues Joublin
Hugues Joublin is a Senior Executive in Communications, Public Affairs, Advocacy and Marketing Operations, with a broad experience in the Pharma and Biotech industry across Oncology, Specialty and Primary care.
Hugues is currently the owner and president of SALIENCE Communication, a Communications boutique agency that helps US and Asian Biotechs build their reputation and supports French-based companies manage their global communications. He also runs a US-based consulting firm, JOUBLIN Consulting, LLC.
Former Head of Global Corporate Affairs for AstraZeneca Oncology where he built the function from scratch, Hugues is both a strategic and hands-on expert of corporate and brand communications, patient group relations, internal communications, and policy & government affairs. He is also a trusted executive used to counseling senior leaders.
Previously Vice President, Global Head Communications and Advocacy for Novartis Oncology (based in New Jersey), Hugues has held various roles of growing responsibilities at Novartis, including Head of Communications and Marketing Operations for Novartis France. He began his career as a public relations consultant in Paris.
Currently married and father of two beautiful children, Hugues holds a Ph.D in Medical Ethics from Paris Sud-11 University. He is an expert of the ethical considerations related to the role and place of family caregivers in the healthcare system. He also holds two Masters degrees, respectively in Contemporary Business History (from Paris I Sorbonne) and Communications (from CELSA – Sorbonne).
Key experience and achievements
- Transformed companies’ corporate reputation through differentiating positioning, disruptive partnerships, and optimized leveraging of company’s newsflow;
- Designed, built and optimized support functions such as Corporate Affairs or Marketing Operations for enhanced value, flexibility, and reduced structure costs
- Advised and supported executive committees for reorganizations, acquisitions and merger implementation, issues management and change management projects;
- Counseled personally senior leaders with a multi-channel approach enabling them to incarnate the thought-leadership of their company;
- Maximized product launches through conception and flawless execution of Comms and Advocacy plans closely aligned with Commercial, Medical & Logistics strategies;
- Supported recruitment of patients in rare disease clinical trials and simplified scientific emerging concepts;
- Embedded consumer insights and consumer centricity culture within the business through implementation of disrupting models and organizations;
- Infused a culture of high performance, quality delivery, creativity and “go for more or better” in any organization he led.